CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anime as an RPG

+7
Leetin McBeatin
The Reality Tailor
Dark Shoo
The Lycant
Drunk Flogger
Random
The Serpent
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

101Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

lol! 

102Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:57 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Rottenapples wrote:lol! 
My thoughts too, the question is when do I throw it in? Maybe on the field of battle the insane number of dead call The Harbinger... Actually I thing all of The Gods of Creation should have an Avatar. They can be like a cycle of fucked up MTG cards. Each with auto-resurrect.

103Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:01 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

You can throw it in like 5 lvls from now.

104Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Chaos' Plague wrote:
My thoughts too, the question is when do I throw it in?  Maybe on the field of battle the insane number of dead call The Harbinger... Actually I thing all of The Gods of Creation should have an Avatar.  They can be like a cycle of fucked up MTG cards.  Each with auto-resurrect.
O-kagachi.

105Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:11 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Look At The Bones!!! wrote:
Chaos' Plague wrote:
My thoughts too, the question is when do I throw it in?  Maybe on the field of battle the insane number of dead call The Harbinger... Actually I thing all of The Gods of Creation should have an Avatar.  They can be like a cycle of fucked up MTG cards.  Each with auto-resurrect.
O-kagachi.
The Avatar of JiYo, Alpha/Omega- The O-Kagachi

106Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

all of this sounds soooo gay!

107Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:42 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Harbingers will be special elite monsters that drop OP Items of Power and are worth base 1000 exp each.

108Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

thats it? damn man i was expecting better... reality hit me and im like damn son we about to level!

109Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:12 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The MAGI wrote:thats it? damn man i was expecting better... reality hit me and im like damn son we about to level!
1000 base for the guys that don't do shit during the fight. Kill exp is where they shine.

110Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Chaos' Plague wrote:
The MAGI wrote:thats it? damn man i was expecting better... reality hit me and im like damn son we about to level!
1000 base for the guys that don't do shit during the fight.  Kill exp is where they shine.
sounds like a plan i will get the killing blow on that sumbitch.

111Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:02 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Chaos' Plague wrote:1000 base for the guys that don't do shit during the fight.  Kill exp is where they shine.
Just want to point out I still think kill exp is bullshit. As far as fighting it should be as follows-

1) Ran away willingly (not due to in game effect such as fear) or did little to nothing- Very little if no exp

2) Fought stupidly (My turn? I attack. Okay done.)- Medium exp?

3) Fought strategically to cause max damage while minimizing casualties- Good exp

4) Saved another character(s) life- Good exp

5) Killed the monster- No bonus unless you caused 75% damage by yourself. Why should 1 person get [bonus] credit for a team effort kill?

Just saying.

112Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:08 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Pick A Card wrote:
Chaos' Plague wrote:1000 base for the guys that don't do shit during the fight.  Kill exp is where they shine.
Just want to point out I still think kill exp is bullshit. As far as fighting it should be as follows-

1) Ran away willingly (not due to in game effect such as fear) or did little to nothing- Very little if no exp

2) Fought stupidly (My turn? I attack. Okay done.)- Medium exp?

3) Fought strategically to cause max damage while minimizing casualties- Good exp

4) Saved another character(s) life- Good exp

5) Killed the monster- No bonus unless you caused 75% damage by yourself. Why should 1 person get [bonus] credit for a team effort kill?

Just saying.
I agree but since our group is mostly I attack I give kill exp and the other stuff is extra. I also give assist exp and experience for creative use of abilities, environment, and situation. Since we are on the topic of kill exp, a player who has hidden throughout the fight and somehow managed to kill the creature on one of the turns where they pull a 'My turn? I attack. Okay done.' they get nothing. The kill exp gets split between those that actually fought.

113Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

that actually sounds fun, but there is too many people and dont forget about your 10 sec rule. As i have been playing, especially recently, in combat pressure to get your turn over with is always there either from the GM or other PC's your rulings above should be enforced or changed. up to you.

114Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:48 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

It seems like everyone plays differently. Some of you take your turns quickly and manage to do awesome actions at the same time. others take forever to do nothing. As a group we need to step it up or I will have to skip entire portions of the table. upside: More deaths, more culling of the herd. Downside: some will truly feel like they don't get a chance to do anything.

115Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:43 am

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

lol after reading all the updates seems like you guys are having alot of funz...newho dm im gonna be in town next month, i hope u will let me play for a session if thats ok with you...no worries i promise not to kill any pcs...seems like they do that enough on their own...how many people play tho like 10 rite? good god...as for combat experience i always enjoyed combat, i took a long time sometimes but it was cause in one move you have to do so much...my advice in combat is to prioritize your objectives...if your a healer keep the party up, fighter tank that damage, assassin get into position to cull the herd of enemies. also in battle you need a leader,someone  who everyone is comfortable with following or is scared of enough so that they follow his lead because they want to stay in his good graces. I know its hard sometimes but you really cant be an one for yourself kinda person think of your allies in all of your actions guys, combat is fun even when you are losing, remember its always a team building excercise. You all share a common goal of not getting killed this battle. Ask the the dm for time to discuss what everyone can do in battle, it might seem like a waste of time but establish roles if they have not done so for the peeps who dont do shit and stand aback in every battle...this may sound stupid but Give them responsibilities. Like run potions cover with long range abilities, buff people with spells...trust eachother yall been playing together 2 long for the dm to be like hes about to cull the herd cuz peeps is not pulling they wieght. I dont know the system that much i just looked it over but yo these be basics for roleplaying...and improving party combat synergy...hopefully it helps...getting off my soap box now...

Roleplaying is a state of mind-If your role like you are scared of dying you prolly be dead before long, but if you roleplay to stay alive you prolly gonna live

116Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:48 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Yo, hows the stick bro!?

117Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:04 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Talis, good to know you still check up on us from time to time. The game is crazy though some sessions we waste buying rope and rations it is overall a great time. Combat is taking too long because players are not paying attention to what's happening and not thinking about what they should be doing next. Too often when I tell a player it's their turn they are beyond shocked and need to fumble around looking for character sheet and dice. Its appalling.

Last session the party attacked a group of bandits with scrub level skills and the fight took forever because people weren't invested and Khourie was leading a revolution of fumbles geared at confusing friend and foe(lol). I realize that the only fights that keep people's minds at the table and on the game are fucked up battles so next session I'm going to keep everyone engaged.

Talis, you are welcomed to play. PM me with a character idea, that fits in the time period and game, and I'll try to have something ready for you.

118Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:05 am

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Talis of Stormfall wrote:lol after reading all the updates seems like you guys are having alot of funz...newho dm im gonna be in town next month, i hope u will let me play for a session if thats ok with you...no worries i promise not to kill any pcs...seems like they do that enough on their own...how many people play tho like 10 rite? good god...as for combat experience i always enjoyed combat, i took a long time sometimes but it was cause in one move you have to do so much...my advice in combat is to prioritize your objectives...if your a healer keep the party up, fighter tank that damage, assassin get into position to cull the herd of enemies. also in battle you need a leader,someone  who everyone is comfortable with following or is scared of enough so that they follow his lead because they want to stay in his good graces. I know its hard sometimes but you really cant be an one for yourself kinda person think of your allies in all of your actions guys, combat is fun even when you are losing, remember its always a team building excercise. You all share a common goal of not getting killed this battle. Ask the the dm for time to discuss what everyone can do in battle, it might seem like a waste of time but establish roles if they have not done so for the peeps who dont do shit and stand aback in every battle...this may sound stupid but Give them responsibilities. Like run potions cover with long range abilities, buff people with spells...trust eachother yall been playing together 2 long for the dm to be like hes about to cull the herd cuz peeps is not pulling they wieght. I dont know the system that much i just looked it over but yo these be basics for roleplaying...and improving party combat synergy...hopefully it helps...getting off my soap box now...

Roleplaying is a state of mind-If your role like you are scared of dying you prolly be dead before long, but if you roleplay to stay alive you prolly gonna live
nigga you gay.... welcome back

119Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

He is right. everyone spends too much time talking about their bestiality fetish's converted into a small yellow thing that has a lightening bolt tail.

We are playing a RPG and everyone yaps when not talked to and also distracts other players who really should be paying attention....

hence why combat is always a cluster fuck.

I always preplan my actions way before its my turn. Then if I dick around Im covered.

It actually really sucks for me too cause I am always the quickest and in turn play the less.

120Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:25 am

Random

Random

BULL shit your turns take forever too, not because your bullshiting but because your always trying some outlandish shit and when the DM says something that you didn't expect you get into ok backup mode and go ok fuck it then I try this and you spit out some other crazy shit then the DM says ok roll. now I'm not saying what your saying is not true, you defiantly plan out your crazy ness, but your crazy shit takes sometime and its a good thing. its way different from taking a lot of time doing some crazy shit then taking your time because you don't know what the fuck is going on like most people do.

121Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:11 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

yes, there is nothing wrong with taking time to do something wild to swing the battle in the party's favor but when players sleep through the battle and then take forever because they do not understand what is happen, what's their role, or what the party needs, it is ridiculous.

In the coming sessions I will be trying a few things to address the problem including:

1. Splitting the group, again
  2. Playing with a turn timer
  3. Immediate rewards for those that are paying attention

122Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:20 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Also, Most of my actions take place in saving the party through their lake of attention. I'm always the clutch guy, hence why You always see me as a mage or cleric.

I like fighters and rouges, just If i play them more people die.

Im not complaining cause the versatility of magic is amazing and always challenging.

123Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

I agree with Leetin. If you're gonna spend more than a minute on you're turn it should be doing something worth the time and not because you weren't paying attention or there is just too many distractions.

124Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:19 pm

Random

Random

not sure if you notice but people are dying now even more then they ever have. im not saying you a bad healer but...if you were a better cleric/mage... joking. people have to take care of them self's first and foremost. I believe a group can all handle them selfs with all fighter types, if played smart, but work better if we are more diverse with mages and healers.

125Anime as an RPG - Page 5 Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:01 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The only deaths we've had were due to stupidity on the player's part. Fight a giant Guyver meant for Shandee? Dead. Fight crocs the GM told you too run from? Dead. Can't think of anything else right now. (Dead).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum