CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anime as an RPG

+7
Leetin McBeatin
The Reality Tailor
Dark Shoo
The Lycant
Drunk Flogger
Random
The Serpent
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Anime as an RPG Empty Anime as an RPG Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:51 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Recently I've come across a player's handbook for a D&D 3.5 based d20 system that is designed to allow players to be characters rooted in the genre of Anime. It uses a point system to attempt to balance the classes, contending that 3.5 spellcasters become far more powerful than any other type of class by mid-level(not sure I fully agree). The system looks much like a mix of D&D 3.5 meets GURPS but what caught my attention were the available character classes.

Here are a few:
Adventurer
School Girl/Boy
A Sorcerer that can call on spells from any of the 3.5 magic classes
Mech Pilot
Ninja
Martial Artist

I'm not sure when I intend to test it but I'm buying the book with my next paycheck.
Thoughts?

2Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Random

Random

nice so you gonna bring back the naurto campaign with that Smile

3Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:19 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Maybe. Could just go full out. Everyone could be their favorite type of anime character and the GM... probably me... will devise a magnificently crazy and manga inspired adventure. The sky is the limit! (unless we have Gundam Pilots and then the stars are at our finger tips.)

4Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:50 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

im down, i think it will be fun!

5Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:26 pm

The Lycant

The Lycant

I wouldn't mind, it all depends for me.

6Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:11 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wow, Tony, forgot you pretend to roleplay with us! lol, just kidding. There is a class just for you: Monster Trainer! There is also a Power Ranger class type, based on the many super hero team animes like power rangers, kaimen raiders, vr troopers and such.How could I have forgotten Monster Trainer(Pokemon).

7Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:48 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Wow, Tony, forgot you pretend to roleplay with us! lol, just kidding. There is a class just for you: Monster Trainer! There is also a Power Ranger class type, based on the many super hero team animes like power rangers, kaimen raiders, vr troopers and such.How could I have forgotten Monster Trainer(Pokemon).

H .... he...... het heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyybwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

8Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:19 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Okay, so I got impatient and searched for the PDF which doesn't seem to have any seeders so I'm back to waiting until payday before I either order it from ebay/amazon or take a trip over to Kings Games and buying their copy(of course Kings being the more expensive). The more I think of it the more I want to read it and cannibalize it for a C&C or Dragon Quest adaptation... I feel a bit like that Rping crackhead we use to know and love.

Siege Engine rolls for a School Girl character... DQ percentiles for a battle between Charazard and a mini-Big O...

9Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:01 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I want this book... payday is taking FOREVER!

10Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:I want this book... payday is taking FOREVER!

i know how you feel man, but i waited for payday and i have 3/5 of the game of thrones books. trust me whatever the wait, its worth it.

11Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:43 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:

i know how you feel man, but i waited for payday and i have 3/5 of the game of thrones books. trust me whatever the wait, its worth it.

Red up to book 4. I love that series, show and novels... I can't believe it took me so long to finally read them but they are great!

12Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:35 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:

Red up to book 4. I love that series, show and novels... I can't believe it took me so long to finally read them but they are great!

i watched the show and then i became a crackhead, then i went to the hbo store and they had the set for 30 dollars i was missing a few dollars but the guys gave me the single books for 6 dollars each. i still kinda made out like a pirate (not the daniel pirates... you know looking for booty, but no money or treasure) ehem (butt pirate)

13Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:10 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Lol

14Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:50 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Is anyone willing to drive me to Kings Games tonight to get the book, I've been aching for? I definitely have gas money.

15Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Plz throw the game of thrones books my way and an anime rp system sound fun to me. Seems like it would allow a lot of creativity

16Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:18 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Rottenapples wrote:Plz throw the game of thrones books my way and an anime rp system sound fun to me. Seems like it would allow a lot of creativity

No doubt, Rotten, you used to be the other member of my little book club. Let's make it happen. Has E. E. Knight written anything since Winter Duty?

17Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:27 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

march in country but i haven't read it

18Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:37 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Rottenapples wrote:march in country but i haven't read it

If its in paperback I'll get it today and pass it on when I'm done.

19Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:24 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Bubbling Dark wrote:

I might have that. I'll check when I go home.

20Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:00 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Purchased it during my lunch break, Barnes & Nobles and the movie theater on Court Street Downtown Brooklyn are a block away from work.

21Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:45 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:Purchased it during my lunch break, Barnes & Nobles and the movie theater on Court Street Downtown Brooklyn are a block away from work.
\

Are you kidding me bro .... nice!

22Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:33 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

ThatDamnElf wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:

I might have that. I'll check when I go home.

Good thing Mr. Lem purchased it, because that's not part of the collection I own.

23Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Anime RPG for any system besides D&D is a go.

Who am i fooling, If we play 3.5 count me in as well.

24Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:14 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

It is 3.5 and I went and got it after work at Kings Games last night... it was $59.98. I like the book but the price stings a little. It's full of good stuff.

The system relies on the players having other d20 source books as supplemental and focuses primarily on character creation and the explanations of roleplaying and anime. It breaks down character classes, feats, skills and racial abilities into a point system and then builds outrageous character classes using said points. It allows for characters to take deficiencies, based on common anime canon, to get points toward character build and to give PCs that anime feel.

The classes are fun. Here are a few examples I can think of off the cuff:

Sentai Team Member(Power Ranger Type): Bonuses to damage and strike when using signature gear and within close proximity to allies that are also Sentai Team Members. Special Attacks, Combination Attacks, Divine Luck(main character power!).

Gun Bunny: Bonus to Initiative, Bonuses to hit with fire arms, signature gear, massive damage when using signature gear, Ability to carry a number of weapons exceeding the normal allotment (carry extra guns).

School Girl: Divine Luck, Flunkies, The ability to distract others.

Giant Robot: you're a giant robot, signature gear, special features.

Mecha Pilot: Own giant mecha, signature gear.

That's just what I remember from browsing the book last night. It looks promising and if nothing else it will be consumed and added to out huge collection of reference materials.

25Anime as an RPG Empty Re: Anime as an RPG Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Random

Random

i got dibs on schoolgirl, i know you all can just picture me in the schoolgirl uniform Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum