CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Claymore

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Claymore Empty Claymore Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:08 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Claymore (Constitution)

Yoma are a special breed of demon that have learned to hide their presence by claiming the flesh of others. The Yoma are strong and cunning with a hunger for the entrails of sentient beings. Unchecked the Yoma have destroyed ancient nations and civilizations have vanished.

To combat the threat of the Yoma a secret organization arose. The group used an ancient form of fusion to bond men with the power of the Yoma but to no avail. It wasn’t until women were experimented on that the Claymore was created. They were so named because of the swords they prefer to use while slaying extraplanars. They are also referred to as "Silver Eyed Witches", based on their appearance and seemingly cold nature toward others.

In ages past the Claymore have proven to be the ideal weapons for slaying Yoma and their more abundant brethren. The organization In various forms has prevailed through time past and their secret techniques of fabricating Claymore warriors has continued to be used when Yoma or other hostile extraplanars have proven themselves threat to mankind.

DETECT EXTRAPLANAR EVIL: Beginning at first level, claymores have the ability to detect evil extraplanars in the same manner of the spell detect evil. However, this ability is innate and no spell casting is involved. A claymore simply concentrates for one round on an area or individual within 60 feet to use the ability. The claymore must face toward the area or individual being examined. The claymore can do this as often as desired, but must be able to concentrate for at least one round to do so.

DEMONIC ASPECT: Claymores emanate a permanent demonic aura that registers as evil to those detecting alignment. It creates a magical barrier around the claymore that conveys a +2 bonus on all saving throws against good creatures. This aura also makes animals and those closely attuned to good and nature uneasy.

INVOKE THE YOMA: The Claymore has the ability to call upon the demon blood that boils inside. Claymores manifest the physical attributes of the very creatures they were designed to hunt. The Claymore undergoes a frightening transformation while invoking that makes the similarities between their demonic ancestors visible.

The character temporarily gains a +1 to damage die rolls, and a +2 to armor class and a +1 bonus to constitution saving throws. While Invoking the Yoma, Claymores suffer a -2 penalty on all intelligence and charisma checks. The bonuses increases to +2 dmg, +4 AC at 3rd level, +3 dmg, +5 AC at 5th level, +3 dmg, +5 AC at 7th level, and +4 dmg, +6 AC at 9th level. All of these effects cease at the end of the invocation.

Invoking the Yoma last for a number of rounds equal to 1 plus the claymore’s level. When Invoking the Yoma, Claymores are little more than the embodiments of demons. A Claymore’s alignment cannot be good. A Claymore cannot end the invocation prematurely. Whenever a Claymore Invokes the Yoma there is a 5% chance that an actually demon is summoned to slay the half-demon Claymore. This percentage increases by 1% at each level.

SMITE EVIL EXTRAPLANAR: Once per day, a claymore of 3rd level or higher may attempt to smite evil extraplanars with one normal melee attack. Smite evil extaplanar adds the claymore’s constitution modifier (if positive) to the attack roll, and deals 1 extra point of damage per level of the claymore. This ability can be used once per day, and only on extraplanar creatures of evil alignment.

DEMON SOUL: At 5th level, claymores’ tainted blood becomes a font of reserve energy and stamina that allows them to fight beyond the threshold of mortal men. A claymore may continue to fight until reaching -6 hit points.

At 10th level, a claymore may continue fighting beyond the point of death (negative hit points total equaling the character’s constitution score, or -10, whichever is greater) a number of rounds equal to her level. When the effects of this ability cease the claymore becomes a demon and is banished to The Nine Hells. This transformation takes three days. Raise Dead spells can save the Claymore’s damned soul if the body can be restored before the metamorphosis is complete. Once a claymore has become a demon only true resurrection can save the character.

DEMON BLOOD: At 8th level, claymores gain the ability to heal wounds at a hyper accelerated rate. Every round a claymore heals 1 hit point of damage sustained through nonmagical means. At 12th level, the damage healed increases to 2 hit points of damage, at 16th level to 3 hit points of damage and at 20th level to 4 hit points. This ability does not heal damage done by holy weapons or cold iron.

PRIME ATTRIBUTE: Constitution
HIT DICE: d10
ALIGNMENT: Any Neutral
WEAPON: Any
ARMOR: Breatsplate, scale mail, chain shirt, hide, leather, padded, ring mail, studded leather
ABILITIES: Detect Extraplanar Evil, Demonic Aspect, Invoke the Yoma, Smite Evil Extraplanar, Demon Soul, Demon Blood

2Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

This class sounds SICK! One comment on the 10th level ability...It appears to be two different thoughts in one paragraph??

Also, it needs an experience chart.

3Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:06 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The experience chart is available to anyone who wishes to roll up the character.

4Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:58 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

This class was cool, too bad it didnt last long.

5Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:10 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

With Daichi drawing evil extraplanars towards the party at every turn I think a CLaymore would be a useful and powerful asset.

6Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:56 am

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

Yea pat fucked that up lol....

7Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:41 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I think that part of his recent absentiism is because he's bored with Cyrus. If he rolled up a Claymore it would be perfect for the game right now. Maybe someone should suggest it to him.

8Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:16 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I don't remember anyone play testing this class. Was the experience that horrible that it eludes my long term memory or was the character's life span so short?

9Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:I don't remember anyone play testing this class. Was the experience that horrible that it eludes my long term memory or was the character's life span so short?

Well i died 15 min after i made the character. i cant remember why, all i remember that it was sooo short lived i didnt get to do anything.

10Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:47 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:I don't remember anyone play testing this class. Was the experience that horrible that it eludes my long term memory or was the character's life span so short?

Well i died 15 min after i made the character. i cant remember why, all i remember that it was sooo short lived i didnt get to do anything.

What campaign was that? Wow, you must have done some dumb shit... I', kind of mad that I don't remember.

11Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:29 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:
Wandering Omen wrote:

What campaign was that? Wow, you must have done some dumb shit... I', kind of mad that I don't remember.

Me either but if things dont work out i would like to try this in dq it would probably be very cool... lol i would still be tanking lol

12Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:41 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

A DQ version could be doable and might even be a little better. You're already thinking of getting rid of La'Fiorre... damn, I thought Axel would have been a good character fit for you. Neutral

13Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Bubbling Dark wrote:A DQ version could be doable and might even be a little better. You're already thinking of getting rid of La'Fiorre... damn, I thought Axel would have been a good character fit for you. Neutral

La fiore is my dude but, due to how long my charcters lives usualy last, plus the fact im always in the fray. leaves me always wanting a backup

14Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:08 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:
The Bubbling Dark wrote:A DQ version could be doable and might even be a little better. You're already thinking of getting rid of La'Fiorre... damn, I thought Axel would have been a good character fit for you. Neutral

La fiore is my dude but, due to how long my charcters lives usualy last, plus the fact im always in the fray. leaves me always wanting a backup

Fair enough.

15Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:17 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

the claymore was in the circle jerk campaign me and lem did back at devry with wen i played my shady dude alistar mardin...you know the character i backstabbed allen with that later got killed by random...jerk

16Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Talis of Stormfall wrote:the claymore was in the circle jerk campaign me and lem did back at devry with wen i played my shady dude alistar mardin...you know the character i backstabbed allen with that later got killed by random...jerk

yo why are yall jerks.... i want the whole crew to rp again!

17Claymore Empty Re: Claymore Tue May 07, 2013 11:15 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Sorry, Pat. Natural Selection. Survival of the fittest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum