CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Classes and Sub-Classes

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Classes and Sub-Classes Empty Classes and Sub-Classes Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:01 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Dungeons and Dragons in all of its iteratins be it AD&D, D&D 4.0, or C&C are built on the same bare bones. One of which are the four quintessential archetypes. The goal of D7D style roleplaying is to take on a persona of a hero and to experience the joy of playing his or her specific role. The original concept of these were the Theif, Fighter, Magic User and Priest.

Theif: Able to solve puzzles, recognize traps and open locks, The Theif was king of the dungeon. His skill at manuevering through the endless pitfalls and mazes of those long lost places of antiquity were un matched and in valuable. A party without his services would be hard pressed to survive a dungeon of any true magnitude. But his talents did not stop there. Being fleet of foot and nimble in the hands allowed for him to navigate the press of the city as a ghost pilfering when neccessary and plucking what the party needed when necessary. If the dungeon was The Theif's home, the city was his playground.

Fighter: Unmatched in combat prowess, The Fighter was the lord of war. Her weapons were her constant companion and together no monster stood in her way. The Fighter's role was simple defend the party and slay any monster that got between them and their goal. The Fighter could be the loud and proud voice of the party or the quiet brooding type that's presence is known through her few words and fell blows. Either way the party could not survive without the steel that was like her right hand. Battle was the Fighter's birth and resting place.

Magic-User: Whether hidden within the depths of a grand library or calling on the magics of acient lore, The Magic-User was the brain of the party. The mind of a Magic-User swirled with knowledge of years and years of research and at his disposal were the arcane arts. His magic made many things possible and the information that rolled off of his tongue covered a multitude of topics. His problem solving was analytical. The power to call down fireballs to immolate his foes made him invaluable to an adventuring party. Musky towers were the bastians of these men but the hidden knowledge within the world's lost places were his candy store.

Priest: Holy man and Healer, The Priest was the heart of the party. A priest used his extensive skills in treating wounds and infection to ensure the survival of his companions. Yet this was only a small aspect of him. Through prayer and devotion his deity blessed him with divine power to cure and empower. For him the quest was to keep others alive and spread the word of his patron. In a dungeon the life expectancy of the other heroes was directly related to the skill of their Priest. He belonged in a temple but the party needed him at their side.

These were the original core classes and as the game grew and developed these were expanded yet no developer or class designer lost focus on the bare bones that make the game what it is. Every existing Class either prestige or basic fall into one of the four archetypes.

Ranger, Barbarian, Paladin, Cavalier/Knight, Monk: FIGHTer
Assassin, Rogue, Bard: Theif
Warlock, Sorcerer, Illusionist, Wizard: Magic-User
Cleric, Druid: Priest

Sheild Mate, Dragon Liege, Holy Swordsman, Duelist, Claymore, Battlerager: Fighter

When someone creates a class one of the first steps should be what sub-class does my Dancer fall into. Knowing this invariably helps in determining what abilities should and should not be added.

Last edited by The Great Gromwold on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total

2Classes and Sub-Classes Empty Re: Classes and Sub-Classes Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Whats a battlerager?

3Classes and Sub-Classes Empty Re: Classes and Sub-Classes Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:38 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Chad's super Barbarian.

4Classes and Sub-Classes Empty Re: Classes and Sub-Classes Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:55 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Sirs I dear say. The BattleRager is my dead Super Barbarian. Hence, since he is dead the super is not relevant.

5Classes and Sub-Classes Empty Re: Classes and Sub-Classes Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:56 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Great Post. Keep them coming!

6Classes and Sub-Classes Empty Re: Classes and Sub-Classes Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:15 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I'm trying to share knowledge the way it was shared with me. If we all understand the basics of what we do we might all grow as players.

7Classes and Sub-Classes Empty Re: Classes and Sub-Classes Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

So, are we growing? Can we mark the wall? Who has a pencil, I think I grew 2inchs!!

8Classes and Sub-Classes Empty Re: Classes and Sub-Classes Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:45 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

bump!

9Classes and Sub-Classes Empty Re: Classes and Sub-Classes Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

BattleRager, this was a good asshole class I had. He played a jerk and selfless, then the one time he got soft and helped a PC out of a building he get killed. ha

10Classes and Sub-Classes Empty Re: Classes and Sub-Classes Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:23 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

All the classes that I make wind up being over powered like a mf'er. I'll stick to polishing other people's creations. I'm pretty good at that.

11Classes and Sub-Classes Empty Re: Classes and Sub-Classes Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Everyone has a talent. Some create other make creations better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum