CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Be Careful What you WISH for...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Be Careful What you WISH for... Empty Be Careful What you WISH for... Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:22 pm

Cambria

Cambria

Let's discuss wishes.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I have used a wish one time, and, although it worked well, we lost a lot of good loot.  I was told that wishes need to be extremely specific, and to never put the word "and" or "but" or anything like that in there.  What are you feelings on wishes, and how they should be worded?

Be Careful What you WISH for... 92920110

2Be Careful What you WISH for... Empty Re: Be Careful What you WISH for... Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:34 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

That comic is so accurate and hilarious. lmao

3Be Careful What you WISH for... Empty Re: Be Careful What you WISH for... Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:30 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

It is. That is exactly how most people respond to wishes. They have to very specific. For sanity sake not contain the word "And". Plus thought thru completely. Even if we as DM's do give a second chance to make that wish you had better triple check it. One miss spoken word or fraze could be disastrous in it's results.

Take for example " I wish for all the money in the world ". Well? Where is my money!?! Where you stated you wanted it, " in the world". World economy crashed due to lack of any currency.

Be very careful and cautious when making a wish.

4Be Careful What you WISH for... Empty Re: Be Careful What you WISH for... Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:49 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Toepoker wrote:It is.  That is exactly how most people respond to wishes.  They have to very specific.  For sanity sake not contain the word "And".  Plus thought thru completely. Even if we as DM's do give a second chance to make that wish you had better triple check it.  One miss spoken word or fraze could be disastrous in it's results.

Take for example " I wish for all the money in the world ". Well?  Where is my money!?!  Where you stated you wanted it, " in the world".  World economy crashed due to lack of any currency.

Be very careful and cautious when making a wish.

If you need to write a ten page letter, then have it notarized, then have a team of lawyers go over to close all the loopholes and then finally get the attorney general to approve that its air tight, Then you can keep your damn wish.....

Here is a wish you for you I wish my DM/GM wasn't such a douche.......Yeah Both of ya..... Cool Cool

5Be Careful What you WISH for... Empty Re: Be Careful What you WISH for... Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:59 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I had a wand of wishes, or something like that, and I think I only ever used two of them. I think there were 7 available. I used one to destroy a wizards tower, and I think I used one to kill a Frost Giant. I think. I have a vague memory of it.

Wishes can have such disastrous outcomes that a lot of players don't even want them. They are nice to have under your belt, but should only be used out of complete and total desperation.

6Be Careful What you WISH for... Empty Re: Be Careful What you WISH for... Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:34 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Here is another one for you. I wish I was the richest man in the world! Here is a penny. "What's this for?" For when you get there. "^.- Get where"? In the world of course where you will be the richest person in the world!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum