CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dancer Class

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dancer Class Empty Dancer Class Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:57 am

Legendary

Legendary

I need to change some stuff for the Dancer class, but I need feedback in order to do that.

I still have to reword the abilities but I wanted to see what you think about what I got so far. I also want to see what you think I should change so I can make some changes if needed.

Abilities:

Sambas: Sambas take a round to take into effect and the abilities they grant last for a round after the samba is over or out of range. Attacking and casting are unaffected while dancing a samba. Movement is restricted to only moving your normal speed once a round while dancing a samba.

Quickstep Raises the AC of dancer by confusing enemies with dance steps. AC increases by 2 at lvl 1. This increase to AC goes up to 3 at lvl 5 then increases by 1 every odd lvl thereafter up to a max of 6 at lvl 11.

Speed Samba At lvl 12 dancers are able to inspire allies within a 20 ft area granting them an additional attack.

Waltzes:

Healing Waltz At lvl 3 dancers are able to entrance allies within 15ft to mimic your dancing that will remove mind affecting effects. Dancers can do this waltz once per week at lvl 3, twice per week at lvl 7 and 3 times per week at lvl 11.

Divine Waltz At lvl 6 dancers are able to inspire allies within 5ft to dance along with you that gives them energy and a will to fight. This waltz heals, for 2d8’s, all allies within 5ft that dance along with you. Dancers can do this waltz once per day at lvl 6. This ability increases to twice per day at lvl 9 and finally 3 times per day at lvl 12.

Duel Wield Fight with a weapon in each hand but suffer a -3 and -6 attack with primary and secondary weapons. These penalties are affected by your dexterity modifier. Strength modifier is not used for attacking when duel wielding. Decrease the penalty to secondary weapon by 1 at each even number from lvl 4 to 8. Decrease the penalty to main weapon by 1at each odd lvl from 5 to 9.

PRIME ATTRIBUTE: Dexterity
HIT DICE: d8
ALIGNMENT: Any non-neutral
WEAPONS: Any 4lbs. or less
ARMOR: Padded Armor, Leather Coat, Leather Armor, Hide, Studded Leather, Leather Laminar
ABILITIES: quickstep, healing waltz, divine waltz, haste samba, duel wield

Level HD BtH EPP
1 d8 +0 0
2 d8 +1 2,251
3 d8 +2 4,501
4 d8 +3 9,001
5 d8 +4 18,001
6 d8 +5 40,001
7 d8 +6 75,001
8 d8 +7 150,001
9 d8 +8 250,001
10 d8 +9 500,001
11 +3 HP +10 725,001
12 +3 HP +11 950,001
13 + 225,000 per level

Last edited by Legendary on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Looks like you put a lot of thought in creating this class good job.

Now for my questions:

Quickstep - I take it that the class is limited to no armor?

Haste Samba - Haste is a very powerful spell, hence they reason why it costs you a year of your life to use it. Maybe you can rethink the way this ability works.

Divine Waltz - I have a question what subclass is this class? It seems that his abilities are everywhere an it might help me visualize better.

Duel Wield - Multiple attacks were common place in all D&D systems. Now C
&C specifically removed this ability to everyone except a pure fighter. The pure fighter is the ability of war and no other class should out fighter a pure fighter.

I need to check the classes but the EXP is in line with other classes, but with all these abilities it should be harder to gain levels.

Great concept and I congratulate you on all the thought an planning you put into this class.

3Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:58 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

I had a little different take on the class where its less offense and more support. I could post it if you want and maybe we can combine the two.

4Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Legendary

Legendary

1-the class is limited to certain types of armor. The reason they are not limited to no armor is that they can only do one dance at a time. If they stop doing a Quickstep to use a Healing Waltz, they would lose the armor bonus from the Quickstep. I also see this class to be similar to a drunken monk in the way they fight. A drunken monks movement while fighting allow them to be incredibly difficult to hit and I see a dancers movements to be similar to this style of fighting.

2-Haste is very powerful. That's why I didn't keep it the way it works. Haste gives you double movement and extra attack. Haste Samba only gives you one of those choices and that choice stays until you change the dance. It also doesn't affect the dancer, only allies within range and only while the dancer is doing the dance. I think that getting this dance only after lvl 12 and it not affecting the dancer itself and making the dancer choose between this and other dances that would benefit the dancer is all a lot of limitations that would make this a decent ability.

Leetin McBeatin wrote:

Divine Waltz - I have a question what subclass is this class?

I don't understand what you mean by subclass here.

3-Fighters aren't the only class in C&C that get extra attacks. Monks get an extra attack at lvl 6, where fighters have to wait until 10. I'm not saying that Dancers are better at fighting than a Fighter, they're movements are just more fluid and these movements wouldn't be hindered with a weapon in each hand. Maybe I should change their base to hit, that might make it seem as though they're less of a fighting class... This is also the reason why their weapon list is so limited. These fluid movements are also the reason they can only wear certain armors.

I know it needs work and I'm thinking maybe you can only do a Samba for a certain amount of rounds dependent on Con or something like that. Maybe that will make it seem less powerful?

As for making it a support class, I can't actually make a support class not over powered. I would put a lot of abilities that would seem ok, but then when you put them together would be godly. I would like to see what you have for the class so maybe I can see if there's something I like and change some of the things the class gets. I had more dances I wanted to use, but they were way more powerful than the ones I posted...

I need more feedback to keep working on it. I would like to put something in the class that isn't useful in combat. Any ideas?

5Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:47 am

Legendary

Legendary

Now that I've responded to what you said Leetin, you have any other questions/concerns/complaints?

Come on people, I need more feedback.

6Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I am still against the haste, but lets see what Shoo's suggestions are.

7Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:05 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Maybe you should post your other, more powerful, dances so that we have a better idea of what your trying to exemplify.

8Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Stutter Step At lvl 2 dancers are able to bedazzle enemies into dropping their guard. This lowers AC of target enemy by 1 every even lvl.

Drain Samba At lvl 5 dancers are able to give a debuff to target enemy that grants hp to allies that strike target in melee (1H weapons drain for 1 per hit and 2H weapons drain for 3 per hit)

These are the only two I still have...all the other dances I had were deleted already...

I obviously made this class as a fighting type class. If you guys want me to make a support class I can, but just to forwarn you, it's probably going to be over powered in some way...

9Dancer Class Empty is this dancer class divine or arcane Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:44 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

I see that this class has a healing ability and haste which is an arcane ability, if you want to use these powers you will have to give a basis and reason for how the dancer class is granted these gifts...A Mage is able to cast haste threw studious dedication to the understanding and manipulation of arcane energies...Moreover Clerics and Paladins are able to heal as a gift from their gods only threw unwavering loyalty to their god or a cause in which they put before themselves. Unless dancers are Sorcerers who even then have a basis that they are the direct descendants of dragons who are believed to be the creators of magic, you will have to explain the basis for this class's uncanny abilities... Laughing

10Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:49 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

If you want the dancer to be a combat class you should look at the dervish class in the netbook it seems really similar. Imma post my take on the dancer later today.

11Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

No worries Legendary. The class is already overpowered.

We will help though

12Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Been thinking of different ways to change some of the dances and had to put them up before I forgot them. The dancer is neither divine nor arcane. Their abilities are threw their dances. The healing ability isn't divine. It gives back health in the way adrenaline gives you energy. So to interpret this maybe it should be temporary hit points instead of permanent ones. The haste everyone seems to hate isn't arcane. The dancer picks up the tempo of the fight in the way a DJ increases the speed of a song to have people dance faster or slower. So maybe instead of doubling speed it could give extra move or move action. I also put that I need to change the wording that is there to better illustrate how it works, but I'm trying to get the class working before I do that. No sense on waisting my time to come up with good phrases if I don't use the ability.

13Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:55 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Maybe instead of Haste or extra movement or speed can those effected gain a bonus to initiative and those not dancing get a penalty? Those out of step can't quite keep up, like someone with no rhyme attempting to jump into the middle of a new dance. Epic Fail.

Will the Temperary Hit Points only apply while the recipient is dancing? That could be interesting... what will a dance do to players actually dancing? Will their move action be limited to just dancing?

14Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Dancer

Prime Attribute: Dexterity
Hit Die: D6
XP: Wizard
BTH: Druid
Weapons: Hand Axe, Cestus, Dagger, Dirk, Light Hammer, Katar, Knife, Light Mace, Sickle, Spear, Short Sword
Armor: Padded Armor, Leather Coat, Leather Armor, Hide, Studded Leather
Abilities: Move Silently, Sleight of Hand, Flip, Dance, Ambidextrous

Move Silently(Dex): As a Rogue.

Sleight of Hand
(Dex): As a Rogue.

Flip(Dex): As a Duelist.

Dance: Starting at level 1 and every odd level a dancer can choose a new dance. The effects of the dance last for a round per level of the Dancer and can be done once per level.
EX. A fifth level dancer's dance last for 5 rounds and can perform a dance 5 times a day.
While a Dancer is performing a dance she cannot take any other actions except for stopping and a Dancer receives a +4 bonus to AC. Range 50ft.

Dance of-

Evasion: Allies receive a +2 bonus to AC. At level 10 it's a +4 instead.

Invigoration: Allies receive +5 temporary HP. At level 10 it's +10 instead.

Might: Allies receive a +1 bonus to damage. At level 10 it's a +2 instead.

Striking: Allies receive a +2 bonus to hit. At level 10 it's a +4 instead.

Swiftness: Allies receive a +20 bonus to movement. At level 10 it's a +30 instead.

Inspiration: Allies receive a +3 bonus to attribute checks such as class abilities and SIEGE rolls. At level 10 it's a +5 instead.

Fortitude: Allies receive a +3 bonus to saves. At level 10 it's a +5 instead.

Captivation: A Dancer must make a successful Char roll. A Dancer can target 1 enemy, that target must make a successful Char save or be unable to make any hostile act toward the party. The effect is broken once the target is attacked or the dance ends. At level 10 a Dancer can target up to 3 targets.

Ambidextrous: At level 10 a Dancer only receives a -1 and -3 to attacks when duel wielding.

I was thinking a Dancer should be to only available to humans and half-elfs but thats just me. I wanted this class to replace the bard class since its ASS.

15Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:54 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Bard isn't ass he's just misunderstood. He was once a spellcaster/theif hybrid after years of being a theif/fighter/druid misfit... now he's just confused and a little boring. Give the poor guy a chance.

16Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Yea, he is now an animal trainer...

17Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:56 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Whats the official call on the dancer class? are we just giving up?

18Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:27 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Legendary would be the one to decide, its his brain child.

19Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Legendary

Legendary

I like the way the class is. I haven't heard anything from anyone about it so I'm thinking it's good to go...

20Dancer Class Empty Re: Dancer Class Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:31 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

What ever happened to this, Hermes? We could have used an awesome Calipso/Dance Hall Master

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]