CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frank Herbert's Dune

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Frank Herbert's Dune Empty Frank Herbert's Dune Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:00 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I am always encouraging people to read Frank Herbert's work.  He is one of my favorite writers.  Definitely top 3.  I fell in love with the story when I watched the crappy movie as a child.  As a teen I read the book and was blown away by the subject matter.  The movie did not do the book justice, it couldn't.  Read it, you shouldn't be disappointed.

2Frank Herbert's Dune Empty Re: Frank Herbert's Dune Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:09 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

This is prob one of the best pieces of literature ever written.

The movie was great until you read the book and then wondered what was the movie about. It was soo basic and false.

My older brother read these books and told me the tales wile i was young, then at the rip age of 16 I started reading it. These are complex and feel that (at 16) if my brother did not prep me then I would have been lost.

Tried to read at least the original trilogy every 2-3 years.

3Frank Herbert's Dune Empty Re: Frank Herbert's Dune Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:48 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I listened to this book, and found it very interesting. I think reading it would have been a better experience, though.

4Frank Herbert's Dune Empty Re: Frank Herbert's Dune Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:51 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Gotta agree with The serpent, Herbert is a great writer and after Dune you should also check out The White Plague by him as well.

5Frank Herbert's Dune Empty Re: Frank Herbert's Dune Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:12 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Whipping Star and The Dosadi Experiment are books by him I read at least once every two years.

6Frank Herbert's Dune Empty Re: Frank Herbert's Dune Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

I completely forgot about the Dosadi Experiment, that book was so bugged out.

7Frank Herbert's Dune Empty Re: Frank Herbert's Dune Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:24 am

Toepoker

Toepoker

I saw the movie but never saw the appeal to it so I never considered reading the books. I am in a slump right now I have several zombie books I am trying to get through, the first 3 years of Deadpool comics, wonder woman new 52. I just dont feel for anything heavy right now.

8Frank Herbert's Dune Empty Re: Frank Herbert's Dune Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:03 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Dark Shoo wrote:I completely forgot about the Dosadi Experiment, that book was so bugged out.

I love Herbert's books

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum