CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Martial Artist

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Martial Artist Empty Martial Artist Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:06 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

You might ask what is a martial artist? To that question all i can say, to answer your question: A martial artist is someone who practices a martial art. They must train their body spirit and mind.

The idea that ones own body is the best weapon is central to the martial artists philosophy they make a very convincing argument when they break a wall with their bare fists. Products of rigorous training and discipline, Martial Artists are masters of unarmed combat, achieving with punches and kicks what others need weapons to do, and they are much flashier. A Martial Artist is protective of his abilities, treasuring his or her masters teachings and upholding the honour of their fighting school against any opponent, particularly against other Martial Artist.

Prime Attribute: Strength
Hit Die: D10
Alignment: Any but most tend to lean toward Lawful
Weapons: None
Armor: None

Abilities: Unarmed Combat, Ki strike , deflect projectiles

Unarmed Combat: A Martial artist add his Wis to his and Ac when in combat Unarmed. His base dmg becomes a d4 (option for lethal damage), and At level 3, 7, 10, 15 and 10 he gains an additional +1 damage at those levels. At levels 3, 6, 7, 9, 12, 15 17 and 20 his AC increases by an additional +1 at those levels (Only in melee while unarmed)

At 2nd level, martial artist gain the ability to deflect arrows and other non-magical missiles, including but not limited to, arrows, axes, bolas, bolts, bullets, clubs, daggers, darts, hammers, harpoons, javelins, nets, rocks, and spears. The martial artist must have at least one hand free to use this ability. When a character would normally be hit with a ranged weapon, the character can make a dexterity check. If the check succeeds, the martial artist deflects the weapon and suffers no damage. This can be done once per round for levels 2-6, twice per round for levels 7-11, three times per round for levels 12 to 16 and four times per round for levels 17-20.
The monk must be aware of the attack to use this ability. An attempt to deflect a ranged weapon counts as a monk’s primary unarmed attack. If a martial artist is high enough level to have a secondary unarmed attack, the martial artist may still make the secondary attack if the deflect missile ability has only been used once or twice. If three or more missiles are deflected, the secondary attack is considered used. This ability cannot be used against siege weapon ammunition.

KI STRIKE: At 3rd level, a monk’s unarmed attack is empowered with ki. This attack can deal damage to a creature as if from a +1 magic weapon.This ability improves as the monk rises in levels as follows: +2 at 5th, +3 at 8th, +4 at 12th and +5 at 17th.

BTH: Monk
XP: fighter

Last edited by Forgotten Whisper on Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:58 pm; edited 6 times in total

2Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:24 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

broken

3Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

how broken?

4Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:59 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Look at the C&C classes and then rethink your class. If it's for 3.5 look at the 3.5 classes and then rethink your class.

5Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:35 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Chaos' Plague wrote:Look at the C&C classes and then rethink your class.  If it's for 3.5 look at the 3.5 classes and then rethink your class.

I fixed it, it should be more in line with CNC

6Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:48 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Go back to the drawing board. If you make it viable maybe we'll see it in the game.

7Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Made 1 change and several nerfs, what you think now.

8Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:28 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

So you're trying to make a Monk with Fighter BtH, and a random ability that you get to make with the GM? Keep refining, stop rushing it. It's starting to look better.

9Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:06 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Ok, i think that should be better. i fixed it, hopefully it should be better now.

10Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:34 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Lol, I notice that you keep mix and matching.

It can't have a BtH of a Fighter because in the grander scheme of things that is the only 'ability' the class has that no other class can compete with. Fighter Hit Die, maybe a Ranger's experience.

Giving him a Ki Strike was a good swap for your 'hadoken' but I hope you realize that Ki Strike is designed to allow a Monk to strike an enemy that is only struck by Magical Weapons. It isn't some kind of fireball or ranged Aura Strike.

ex: A Ghost can only be hit by an magical item of +1 or greater, masterwork and mundane items do no damage. A Monk with Ki Strike has a strike considered a +1 weapon. He can punch the ghost in the face. (No Sonic Booms and shit).

Your class is still stronger than any base class and that makes it broken, no class she be blatantly better than any other.

11Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:00 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Chaos' Plague wrote:Lol, I notice that you keep mix and matching.

It can't have a BtH of a Fighter because in the grander scheme of things that is the only 'ability' the class has that no other class can compete with.  Fighter Hit Die, maybe a Ranger's experience.

Giving him a Ki Strike was a good swap for your 'hadoken' but I hope you realize that Ki Strike is designed to allow a Monk to strike an enemy that is only struck by Magical Weapons.  It isn't some kind of fireball or ranged Aura Strike.

ex:  A Ghost can only be hit by an magical item of +1 or greater, masterwork and mundane items do no damage.  A Monk with Ki Strike has a strike considered a +1 weapon.  He can punch the ghost in the face. (No Sonic Booms and shit).

Your class is still stronger than any base class and that makes it broken, no class she be blatantly better than any other.

Yea im aware of what ki strike does i had a high level monk. but now looking at the class i would just make a monk. your lose soo much compared to what this class would have been. but ty for helping me through it.

12Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:01 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

You were trying to make a character that the system might not be ready for. It happens.

13Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:51 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

I took this class and ran, although I feel that it may still not be tailored to C&C. However I was bored at work, so it's whatever. I'll be posting this class shortly. Oh great DM, please pass judgement as you see fit.

14Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:06 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The idea that one’s own body is the best weapon is central to the martial artist’s philosophy and they make a very convincing argument when they break a wall with their bare fists. Products of rigorous training and discipline, Martial Artists are masters of unarmed combat, achieving with punches and kicks what others need weapons to do. A Martial Artist is protective of his abilities, treasuring his or her master’s teachings and upholding the honor of their fighting school against any opponent, particularly against other Martial Artists.

Hit Die: D8

Alignment: Any Lawful

Weapons: All basic*

Armor: Any Light, non-metal

Abilities: Unarmed Combat, Deflection, Reflection, Ki Control

Unarmed Combat: The martial artist focuses most of his energy on fighting bare handed. As such, he gains much by being unarmed. His BTH when unarmed is equal to a fighter. His damage is 1D4 at first level, and follows the Monk’s damage progression chart. He also gains the ability to do lethal damage when unarmed at Level 3.

Deflection: At 2nd level, martial artist gain the ability to deflect arrows and other non-magical missiles. The martial artist must have at least one hand free to use this ability and must be aware of the attack. When a character would normally be hit with a ranged weapon, the character can make a dexterity check. If the check succeeds, the martial artist deflects the weapon and suffers no damage. This can be done once per round for levels 2-6, twice per round for levels 7-11, three times per round for levels 12 to 16 and four times per round for levels 17-20. One attempted deflection equals an attack for the martial artist for their next turn.

Redirection: At 6th level, the martial artist can deflect the weapon thrown/shot towards another target. This takes the place of deflection.

Ki Control- Starting at 2nd level, a martial artist has control of the life force within his body, or Ki. He can use this energy to achieve various feats that would otherwise be impossible or improbable. The number of times he can do this per day is equal to Martial Artist Level + Wisdom modifier.
Healing burst- The martial artist can heal himself and only himself for 1D4.
Ki Strike- The martial artist focuses his Ki into the parts of his body used for his strikes. They are now considered magic attacks (as Monk’s Ki strike for progression). This lasts for Wisdom mod + 3 turns.
Ki Blast- The martial artist channels Ki into a blast of deadly energy. This attack starts at a D6 and increase to a D8 at level 6 and a d10 and level 12. It is considered a magical attack.

BTH: As Rogue*
Progression: As Fighter

15Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:55 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Reality Tailor wrote:The idea that one’s own body is the best weapon is central to the martial artist’s philosophy and they make a very convincing argument when they break a wall with their bare fists. Products of rigorous training and discipline, Martial Artists are masters of unarmed combat, achieving with punches and kicks what others need weapons to do. A Martial Artist is protective of his abilities, treasuring his or her master’s teachings and upholding the honor of their fighting school against any opponent, particularly against other Martial Artists.

Hit Die: D8

Alignment: Any Lawful

Weapons: none (to separate this class from Monk plus why all the mumbo jumbo about unarmed combat and then you use weapons?)

Armor: Any Light, non-metal(I like this)

Abilities: Unarmed Combat, Deflection, Reflection, Ki Control

Unarmed Combat: The martial artist focuses most of his energy on fighting bare handed. As such, he gains much by being unarmed. His BTH when unarmed is equal to a fighter (no class should have a Fighter's BtH, it's what makes a Fighter relevant). His damage is 1D4 at first level, and follows the Monk’s damage progression chart. He also gains the ability to do lethal damage when unarmed at Level 3(they should start with this option).

Deflection: At 2nd level, martial artist gain the ability to deflect arrows and other non-magical missiles. The martial artist must have at least one hand free to use this ability and must be aware of the attack. When a character would normally be hit with a ranged weapon, the character can make a dexterity check. If the check succeeds, the martial artist deflects the weapon and suffers no damage. This can be done once per round for levels 2-6, twice per round for levels 7-11, three times per round for levels 12 to 16 and four times per round for levels 17-20. One attempted deflection equals an attack for the martial artist for their next turn.

Redirection: At 6th level, the martial artist can deflect the weapon thrown/shot towards another target. This takes the place of deflection.

Ki Control- Starting at 2nd level, a martial artist has control of the life force within his body, or Ki. He can use this energy to achieve various feats that would otherwise be impossible or improbable. The number of times he can do this per day is equal to Martial Artist Level + Wisdom modifier.
Healing burst- The martial artist can heal himself and only himself for 1D4.
Ki Strike- The martial artist focuses his Ki into the parts of his body used for his strikes. They are now considered magic attacks (as Monk’s Ki strike for progression). This lasts for Wisdom mod + 3 turns.
Ki Blast- The martial artist channels Ki into a blast of deadly energy. This attack starts at a D6 and increase to a D8 at level 6 and a d10 and level 12. It is considered a magical attack.
(NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!)

BTH: As Rogue* (Bard)
Progression: As Fighter

16Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Cool. Not too many edits.

17Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:36 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

When making a class or race you have to compare what you want with what already exist. Your creation should not completely eclipse existing material to the point when it becomes irrelevant. You idea should fit within the limitations that the game imposes or it doesn't belong in the game. My Feliruu would ideally be much cooler than what they are but I had to work within the confines of the C&C base races.

18Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:59 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Hey reality you did better than me im a little jelly.

19Martial Artist Empty Re: Martial Artist Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:10 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Be jelly, and then be better

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum