CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chaipanize Races

+2
deathmvp
Leetin McBeatin
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chaipanize Races Empty Chaipanize Races Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

We were recently asked about what race we see our characters as and most answered.

Why not implement some sort racial benefit. Minor at most, not attribute changes or night vision.

A desert dweller might take 1 point less damage from heat based damage
I would imagine the same for Nordic races, but cold based.
Extreme northerners might require less sleep due to the extended daylight hours.
Islanders have a sense of diretion

2Chaipanize Races Empty Re: Chaipanize Races Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:13 am

deathmvp

deathmvp

Here are the racail mods from pathfinder that humans can sub in.  Mind you the diff from pathfighter humans and D&D is humans get a +2 to one score. (They all get a +2 vs D&D ie elf is +2 int +2 dex -2 con)

• Adoptive Parentage Humans are sometimes orphaned and adopted by other races. Choose one humanoid race without the human subtype. You start play with that race's languages and gain that race's weapon familiarity racial trait (if any). If the race does not have weapon familiarity, you gain either Skill Focus or Weapon Focus as a bonus feat that is appropriate for that race instead. This racial trait replaces the bonus feat trait.
  • Dual Talent Some humans are uniquely skilled at maximizing their natural gifts. These humans pick two ability scores and gain a +2 racial bonus in each of those scores. This racial trait replaces the +2 bonus to any one ability score, the bonus feat, and the skilled traits.
  • Eye for Talent Humans have great intuition for hidden potential. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Sense Motivechecks. In addition, when they acquire an animal companion, bonded mount, cohort, or familiar, that creature gains a +2 bonus to one ability score of the character's choice. This racial trait replaces the bonus feat trait.
  • Focused Study All humans are skillful, but some, rather than being generalists, tend to specialize in a handful of skills. At 1st, 8th, and 16th level, such humans gain Skill Focus in a skill of their choice as a bonus feat. This racial trait replaces the bonus feat trait.
  • Heart of the Fields Humans born in rural areas are used to hard labor. They gain a racial bonus equal to half their character level to any one Craft or Profession skill, and once per day they may ignore an effect that would cause them to become fatigued or exhausted. This racial trait replaces skilled.
  • Heart of the Mountains Humans born in the mountains are skilled at negotiating heights and precipices. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Climb checks and Acrobatics checks to move on narrow surfaces and uneven ground. Furthermore, they are considered acclimated to the effects of high altitude. This racial trait replaces skilled.
  • Heart of the Sea Humans born near the sea are always drawn to it. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Profession(sailor) and Swim checks, and these are always class skills for them. They can hold their breath twice as long as normal, and spellcasters gain a +4 racial bonus on concentration checks when attempting to cast spells underwater. This racial trait replaces skilled.
  • Heart of the Slums Humans who eke out a life in a city's teeming slums must be quick and clever. They gain a +2racial bonus on Sleight of Hand and Stealth checks, and a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks in urban and underground settings. In addition, they may roll twice when saving against disease, taking the better roll. This racial trait replaces skilled.
  • Heart of the Snows Humans born in chilly climes treat cold climates as one category less severe. They gain a +2racial bonus on Fortitude saving throws against the effects of cold climates, on any check or saving throw to avoid slipping and falling, and to CMD against trip combat maneuvers. This bonus applies on Acrobatics and Climb checks made in slippery conditions. This racial trait replaces skilled.
  • Heart of the Streets Humans from bustling cities are skilled with crowds. They gain a +1 racial bonus on Reflexsaves and a +1 dodge bonus to Armor Class when adjacent to at least two other allies. Crowds do not count as difficult terrain for them. This racial trait replaces skilled.
  • Heart of the Sun Humans born in tropical climates treat hot climates as one category less severe. They also gain a +2 racial bonus on Fortitude saving throws against the effects of a hot climate, as well as against the poison anddistraction ability of swarms and vermin. This racial trait replaces skilled.
  • Heart of the Wilderness Humans raised in the wild learn the hard way that only the strong survive. They gain aracial bonus equal to half their character level on Survival checks. They also gain a +5 racial bonus on Constitutionchecks to stabilize when dying and add half their character level to their Constitution score when determining the negative hit point total necessary to kill them. This racial trait replaces skilled.
  • Heroic Some humans are born heroes. In campaigns that use the optional hero point system, each time these humans gain a level, they gain 2 hero points instead of 1. If they take the Blood of Heroes feat, they gain 3 hero points each level instead of 2. This racial trait replaces the bonus feat trait.
  • Mixed Heritage Often human civilization is defined by more than one characteristic. A human with this trait may select a second “Heart of the” racial trait. This replaces the bonus feat racial trait.
  • Silver Tongued Human are often adept at subtle manipulation and putting even sworn foes at ease. Humans with this trait gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks. In addition, when they use Diplomacy to shift a creature's attitude, they can shift up to three steps up rather than just two. This racial trait replaces skilled.

http://http:\\deathmvp.tripod.com

3Chaipanize Races Empty Re: Chaipanize Races Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:37 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

From the little I read the Pathfinder stuff seems cool.  I need to give it a bit of thought.  If more people are interested(and why wouldn't you bonus thirsty cutthroats be interested and more boosts) then implementing this might not be a problem though there would have to be GM agreement with bonus choices.

4Chaipanize Races Empty Re: Chaipanize Races Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:58 am

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Heart of the Slums sounds right for me.

5Chaipanize Races Empty Re: Chaipanize Races Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:29 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

heart of the wilderness for me

6Chaipanize Races Empty Re: Chaipanize Races Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Heart of Chad seems cool. Not sure why, but i like the feel of it,, or just the way it rolls off my tongue... Heart of Chad.

Yea, I like it.

7Chaipanize Races Empty Re: Chaipanize Races Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:45 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Leetin McBeatin wrote:Heart of Chad seems cool. Not sure why, but i like the feel of it,, or just the way it rolls off my tongue... Heart of Chad.

Yea, I like it.

Sounds like pure evil to me. Just saying.

8Chaipanize Races Empty Re: Chaipanize Races Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:43 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Think soo, maybe all things that sound good are PURE EvIL!!!

9Chaipanize Races Empty Re: Chaipanize Races Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:51 am

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Dual Talent sounds good for me actually. with that at least 1/3 of the group responded to the post!

10Chaipanize Races Empty Re: Chaipanize Races Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:21 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Not sure if we should revisit this.

Deathmvp: Can you post the Human Racial bonuses for BESM and Pathfinder respectively?

Leetin: Can you please define The Evil Heart of Chad

11Chaipanize Races Empty Re: Chaipanize Races Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:44 pm

deathmvp

deathmvp

Here they are

For pathfinder
Standard Racial Traits

Ability Score Racial Traits: Human characters gain a +2 racial bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
Size: Humans are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Feat and Skill Racial Traits
Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
Skills: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.

In Besm
Standard Racial Traits

Ability Score Racial Traits: +0
Size: Humans are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Feat and Skill Racial Traits
Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
Skills: Humans gain 4 additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.

Mind you in pathfinder vs D&D 3.5 all callses get a net +2 stats (elf is +2 dex, +2 int -2 con vs +2dex -2 con in D&D) and no one at level 1 gets 4x skill as class skills give a base +3 to a skill and all ranks are 1 per point.

http://http:\\deathmvp.tripod.com

12Chaipanize Races Empty Re: Chaipanize Races Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Its a chad that does not heal anyone...cause Im EVIIILLL!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]