CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:54 am

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Recently I've started role-playing in Lem's demon hunters campaign and I've realized I don't have much of an idea of what to do with my character besides being a jutsu master (he's a ninja). Any thought and/or suggestions anyone? confused

2Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:42 am

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Beast wrote:Recently I've started role-playing in Lem's demon hunters campaign and I've realized I don't have much of an idea of what to do with my character besides being a jutsu master (he's a ninja). Any thought and/or suggestions anyone? confused

Are you that fat guy lem knows?.... lol hey whats up mike? well how about branching out to something a little more into your character, most to all ninja know a martial art. it will make him more easy to play when you dont have chakra or a weapon.

3Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:17 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

that kinda hurt. this is Lance.

4Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:32 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

The Beast wrote:that kinda hurt. this is Lance.

.... i want to say sorry but, its funnier to leave it as it is. but whats up lance?

5Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:37 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

My character does do martial arts but his strength, dex and endurance don't really lend themselves towards that. No

6Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:56 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

To give everyone an idea of The Beast, Lance's predicament. Demon Hunters is a game of large story arcs spanning months to years in-game. The game his heavily driven by character development, exploration, and revelation. Most of you have only played in games where you play from one mission to the other with no real opportunity to worry about deep character motivations and relationships. You guys have never had to worry about how your character will pay rent and feed themselves, not on the level of The Demon Hunters. It is common for a dilemma to be put before the players and weeks or months out-of-game pass as decisions are made and side quest are pursued. As such a player needs to be more than just the information on their character sheet. As a matter of fact, I have banned character sheets in my game in place of character books so that all of the gathered information can be properly recorded.

The Beast's character is a Ninja in more than just name. He is a practitioner of Ninjitsu. He is a member of The Eclipse, one of the three Moon Clans; masters of light and shadow, visionaries and keepers of records. He is new to the clan, relatively speaking and has only brushed the surface of what it means to be Eclipse. He is also an animus.

Note: Animus are a playable race of Demon/Animal hybrids that take on human shape. They are known for being very fast and having heightened senses.

Being a panther he is stealthy and cunning. Having ranks in assassin makes him deadly from the shadows.

The Beast's problem is he hasn't defined himself beyond those parameters. He currently has been charged with spying on and for the other PCs but as he plays more his role will need to broaden for himself as well as for the party. I have thoughts on what he can do but I suggested getting feedback from his peers before he gets feedback from his GM.

7Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Well I'm probably understanding this incorrectly, but here are some things you can do that are out of combat:
1) You are a born assassin that is infanitly sneaky, compared to normal people. If you are a good type of character you can do some free lance work via the spiderman complex. Go around picking up drug dealers and turning them over to the athoraties minus the cash they had on them. Over time you could gravitate towards going after arms dealers and make tons of cash while looking like a hero. If you're more the evil type you could just assassinate them instead and take everything they had.
2) Seeing as how you were just hired as a spy, you could do things related to that. You could go around gathering information on currupt polititians and then blackmailing them.

Since I've never played in the game, I don't know if this is the kind of information you was looking for and I don't know if it helped, but I hope it does.

afro

8Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Thanks for the suggestions, I've come up with a few ideas on what to do but more suggestions would be helpful.

9Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:05 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Beast wrote:Thanks for the suggestions, I've come up with a few ideas on what to do but more suggestions would be helpful.

Why don't you tell us what you have so we aren't treading over sodden ground

10Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:14 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Well I really like the spy idea but I also enjoy the idea of being a jutsu master so I want to do both with a bent towards doing more good in the good in the world then evil. I always make good characters.

11Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:22 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Beast wrote:Well I really like the spy idea but I also enjoy the idea of being a jutsu master so I want to do both with a bent towards doing more good in the good in the world then evil. I always make good characters.

Me too but we're McMillans, no one believes we can be good characters...

12Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:26 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Beast wrote:Well I really like the spy idea but I also enjoy the idea of being a jutsu master so I want to do both with a bent towards doing more good in the good in the world then evil. I always make good characters.

I'm not sure how being a Jutsu Master is in the same boat as Spying. The Jutsu Mastery is a part of your training as a Ninja and not subject to musings of what to do with your character. As long as you continue as a ninja the jutsu thing is going to happen. Being a professional spy is another thing all together (but not really because ninja are natural spies).

13Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

Maybe a bad suggestion, but why dont you get yourself a girlfriend that you keep secretly?

14Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:37 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Wandering Omen wrote:Maybe a bad suggestion, but why dont you get yourself a girlfriend that you keep secretly?

In Demon Hunters all players end up with a family, ESPECIALLY if they suggest that they aren't going to have a family... their GM is a prick.

Besides, he's already got himself a girlfriend.

15Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Rattling Bones

Rattling Bones

Then I ask of you a suggestion.

16Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:18 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The world is your oyster, the game is your sandbox! As with any game, you take measure of the world: what's available in your immediate area, what's available with travel or effort, what exist out there whether common knowledge or out of game knowledge? Once you know the measure of the world you can imagine the place you want to carve out for that character.

Take Gilly for instance:

He started the game wishing to be Batman but as he interacted more he found there were beings out there that were akin to gods, hating them he dedicated his life to becoming stronger than them so that he could bitch them like they bitched him.

Assessment: There were gods (world). He wanted to kill gods because they were better than him (world based goal).

17Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Sup Bros!!!!!!!!!! Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:46 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Does no one else have any ideas for our friend The Beasts? I'm curious as to what other players might do given the opportunity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum