CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grizlegrom!!!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Grizlegrom!!! Empty Grizlegrom!!! Tue May 18, 2010 4:43 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Origins of the Legend of Grizlegrom

How it all began

Those of you that are new to our group of misfits and ne'erdowells might hear us speak of Grizlegrom, the blue paintball crossbow or a stray goblin leveling up in the middle of combat. Well it all refers to the Goblin of myth and legend. His background is shrouded in mystery but some of us remember.

Four years ago...

My first attempt as a GM started with my players in a dungeon hunting down a band of goblins that had overtaken a caravan and kidnapped the caravn master's son. They explored two rooms before a trio of goblins surprised them. There were four PCs and three goblins. Two of the goblins were dead by the end of the first round. Hey, they're goblins right? Easy kills, right? Goblins are whack, right? Tell that to the surviving goblin that spent the next five turns dodging every attack and dropping two of the players.

The players gave him a name. Grizlegrom. By the time that he fell to their swords the thought of goblins being lame was replaced by the fear of the one desperite goblin warrior fighting for his life and showing what his people are made of.

The same occurance happened again 2 years later. By some weird twist of fate a single surviving goblin killed two heroes in the 4 turns it took the entire party to finally hit him. With that the Legend of Grizlegrom continued. It wasn't long before the legend grew.

To be continued...

Last edited by The Great Gromwold on Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar correction)

2Grizlegrom!!! Empty Re: Grizlegrom!!! Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:49 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

The Grizlegrom Effect

The next occurance of 'The Grizlegrom Effect' saw a single Goblin survive an entire combat, managing to snatch one of the downed player' magical mace and scurry away. Having earned his stripes by avoiding PC killers and stealing treasure a player suggested that he'd earned a level or two. I agreed and when he returned later that session he not only weilded the stolen magic but fought like the 2nd level rogue he was. He dided a quick death but the presedent was set.

From that point on Goblins that managed to avoid dying over the course of 5 rounds fighting 2 or more PCs received 2 levels and the mantle of Grizlegrom.

the legend continues...

3Grizlegrom!!! Empty Re: Grizlegrom!!! Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:33 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

He appeared in the current Land of the Four: Revisited Campaign as a traveling salesman wielding a +5 Magic Crossbow that fires blue paintballs with varying effects. His first encounter saw the Druid Javen sporting a big blue reminder on his forehead to be polite to Goblins that speak common very well. The second encouter saved the party when they were in desperate need of supplies. Who knows when he will show again and will he be friend or foe.

4Grizlegrom!!! Empty Re: Grizlegrom!!! Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

LOL Lycant almost pissed himself.

5Grizlegrom!!! Empty Re: Grizlegrom!!! Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:04 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Goblin.

Myth.

Legend.

... just saying.

6Grizlegrom!!! Empty Re: Grizlegrom!!! Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Lord Naiilo

Lord Naiilo

Lmao. I wanted the bag he had. Can't stand goblins. They stole somethin dear to my people. And I will find it back.

7Grizlegrom!!! Empty Re: Grizlegrom!!! Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

For a price he might have given you some hints... tongue

8Grizlegrom!!! Empty Re: Grizlegrom!!! Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:58 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

so grizzlegrom is a moment and not a person

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum