CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

On a side note.......

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1On a side note....... Empty On a side note....... Wed May 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I am going to be listening to Dune (book-on-CD) while I drive to North Carolina for vacation. I leave in about a week and a half.

Who is a fan?

2On a side note....... Empty Re: On a side note....... Wed May 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Great book, and a great series.

I read 5 1/2 books, the last one was a little too drawn out for me.

He son picked up the series and people are saying good things about it.

Enjoy the novel.

3On a side note....... Empty Re: On a side note....... Thu May 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I am looking forward to it. I feel like you aren't a true geek if you've never read it. ha!

4On a side note....... Empty Re: On a side note....... Thu May 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Or listen to it...haa

5On a side note....... Empty Re: On a side note....... Fri May 25, 2012 10:24 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Dune, like D&D, and Star Wars has been an obsession of mine since my preteens. Only read the first 3 books. I love Dune. The crappy movie was one of my favorites until I read the book years later. I still stop and watch it when it comes on. Safe trip, enjoy the book.

6On a side note....... Empty Re: On a side note....... Fri May 25, 2012 11:41 am

Cambria

Cambria

The guy that let me borrow it was telling me that they found recordings of the author reading parts of the book, and the way things had been said in the previous audio and in the books were incorrect. So they redid the audio with the correct pronunciations.

Cool piece of trivia - if you didn't know.

7On a side note....... Empty Re: On a side note....... Fri May 25, 2012 11:00 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I would love to hear that! Now I'm jealous...

8On a side note....... Empty Re: On a side note....... Sun May 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Herbert was a very successful author. hhmmm I wonder why things were wrong. Its time for a Wiki search.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]