CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nightstalker Ninja

+3
Leetin McBeatin
The Serpent
Legendary
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nightstalker Ninja Empty Nightstalker Ninja Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Legendary

Legendary

Nightstalker Ninja
Prime Attribute: Dexterity, or Intelligence, or Both (See Below)
Hit Die: D6
Alignment: Any
Weapons: Brass Knuckles, Cat-O-Nine-Tails, Cestus, Cleaver, Dagger, Dirk, Glaive, Light Hammer, Hatchet, Hook Sword, Katar, Knife, Main Guache, Man Catcher, Light Pick, Sap, Scythe, Sickle, Staff, Rapier, Scimitar, Short Sword, Throwing/Hand Axe, Blowpipe, Bolas, Short Bow, Light Crossbow, Hand Crossbow, Dart, Rock, Sling, Whip, Shuriken
Armor: None
Races: Teufling, BugBear, Drow, Goblin, Gnome, Halfling, Human

Abilities: Nimbleness (Sneak Attack, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Scale, Shadow Meld (Dex)), Brainy (Poisons, Jutsu, Decipher Script, Traps, Read Movements (Int)), Craft Ninja Tools.

Nimbleness (lvl 1 & Dex prime): A Nightstalker is a very dexterous and skilled at being stealthy. It has been rumored that they can leap threw treetops as easily as they walk on the ground. They have the reputation of being able to run up walls and climb on ceilings. It is believed that they are demonic in nature due to the fact that they can drop a smoke pellet and disappear even when surrounded. They confuse their enemies with flips and rolls and cartwheels.

Brainy (lvl 1 & Int prime): Nightstalkers are known for their dexterous ways by most, but there are a few that know the deeper, darker side they posses. Nightstalker Ninjas are very intelligent in the ways of combat, ambushes, and being all around underhanded. They are thought to be psychic because they can react to your ideas before you perform them.

Sneak Attack (lvl 5): As Rogue.

Shadow Meld (lvl 6): The Nightstalker has finally been able to tap into the mystical art of Ninjitsu to become a shadow. Grants the ability to become part of the shadow world. A Nightstalker is able to become part of the shadow world by entering a shadow. He can exit this world, threw a shadow, at a distance of up to 100ft * lvl. 1/day, increases by 1 every even lvl thereafter.

Read Movements (lvl 6): The Nightstalker has become so adept in combat that he is able to predict an enemies movement in battle. Infurs a +1 to armor class and allows countering if prepared, increases by 1 every even lvl thereafter. Countering: If prepared, the Nightstalker can make a counter attack if the enemy misses him. Can only be used in situations of the weapon the Nightstalker is holding at the time. For example: The Nightstalker prepares to use his short bow on the wizard that is out of his reach. The wizard moves up into range and uses Acid Arrow and misses. The Nightstalker can now make a counter attack on the wizard now that he missed. The same applies to melee weapons.

Jutsu (lvl 3): A Nightstalker is able to use special techniques that he has learned threw training and studying. These Jutsus require special Ninja Tools to perform. He can perform message, spider climb, fog cloud, invisibility, mirror image, and web as the spells. He can do any one of these techniques 1/day and is increased by 1 every odd lvl thereafter. For example: A Nightstalker at lvl 5 can do spider climb and run up a tree, then use message to comunicate to allies. He could then no longer do any more Jutsus for that day.

Craft Ninja Tools (lvl 1): I have to add later because I have to get ready to go to Kings Games now.

Base Hit: Illusionist

XP: Dex: Druid, Int: Knight, Both: Paladin+10%

Last edited by Legendary on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:38 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Made Changes)

2Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:31 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

This class is interesting and different, which I am aware was the point, however it appears too advanced for the simplicity of C&C. A class that has three different experience charts, and three different builds... too heavy, too much. I also noticed that the player that has chosen the paladin equivalent build is more powerful than a multi-class character and that is too much power for a single class. The spell list is also very unbalanced. The class would recieve spells of level 3 at the beginning of their dive into the world of magic. Might be extremely unbalanced and what if an intrepid player makes a human and takes a second class... trouble in balance.

3Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I agree and also noticed this little thing:

Read Movements (lvl 6): The Nightstalker has become so adept in combat that he is able to predict an enemies movement in battle. Infurs a +1 to hit and armor class, increases by 1 every even lvl thereafter.

Base Hit: Rogue

This means that the class has the rougues to hit and an additional +1 everty other level?

at 6th his BTH is 3 (including RM)
8th = 4
9th = 5
10 = 6
12 = 8

That is the seconf best to hit in the game!!

4Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:26 am

Legendary

Legendary

Yeah, their to hit would be about 3/4 lvl, that's third best hit in the game...best is fighter with equal to lvl, then comes a few other classes like paladin and ranger that is lvl-1...This is why I didn't put back attack or death attack, that would be over powered...

Last edited by Legendary on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:41 am

Legendary

Legendary

The Great Gromwold wrote:I also noticed that the player that has chosen the paladin equivalent build is more powerful than a multi-class character and that is too much power for a single class. The spell list is also very unbalanced. The class would recieve spells of level 3 at the beginning of their dive into the world of magic. Might be extremely unbalanced and what if an intrepid player makes a human and takes a second class... trouble in balance.

It's not paladin equivalent...it's 10% more making it the most expensive class thus far...You could make a half-dragon rogue/wizard and it would cost less xp to lvl up than this class...

How is the spell list very unbalanced? I tried to put similar spells that got better the further you went...like fog cloud at lvl 1 and stinking cloud at lvl 2...things like that....I also tried to put spells that make sense to the class, like invisibility and things that made it easier to steal documents or something like that....That's why I didn't put spells like fireball and lightning bolt, they didn't make sense for the class to me....I know I still have to work out the kinks so try to be more specific about it...

The class would not receive lvl 3 spells when they start casting magic, they would have up to lvl 2 spells...the lvl 2 spells for the class goes up to lvl 5 spells...the lvl 3 spells go up to lvl 7 spells...the lvl 4 spells go up to lvl 9 spells...

What might be extremely unbalanced? and what if a player takes a second class? they would have a hard time lvling up...they would have to have a lot of character points so they could start at a decent enough lvl so that their HP would be high enough not to die from the first thing that hits them because they're not going to lvl up anytime soon...

I think I just need more specifics rather than generalizations in order to understand fully what you mean...

6Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:11 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

The spell list is taken fro m the devine as well as wizard. Its almost like having a tri-class character.

Most class's and races posted here were either stupid or too powerful, and my comments were left to minimum. This one is very unbalancing.

Overall its up to Grom, if he will allow this as a player.

Last edited by Leetin McBeatin on Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grom was spelled wrong...Brom.)

7Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:01 am

Legendary

Legendary

All the spells I took were from the wizard spell list. Clerics and wizards do share some spells...

AHHHHH!!!!! another one...."This one is very unbalancing.".....What is unbalanced about it?

8Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Leetin McBeatin wrote:
Most class's and races posted here were either stupid or too powerful, and my comments were left to minimum..

Sad

9Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Cambria

Cambria

I am going to make a longer post... but first I have to say.... LOL... brainy.... Is this a smurf ninja class?

(not making fun.... don't bust a nut Legendary... I just found that really funny)

10Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:08 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Unbalanced:

-adjective
1. not balanced or not properly balanced.
2. lacking steadiness and soundness of judgment

Balanced

-adjective
1. being in harmonious or proper arrangement or adjustment, proportion, etc.

One of the issues with the class is that it has an disproportionate amount of skills a abilities that dwarf other existing classes both official and homebrewed. This ninja class is a sub-class of both thief, magic user, and priest yet it has far more than either class. Its a rogue with magic, a wizard with an abundance of skills, and a priest with skills and arcane spells. Though you gave the class a limited spell list(the spells were well chosen by the way) they are still a little too much. In 3.5 this all fits and does not shake the system because there are a number of classes that skirt multiple archetypes but C&C is not 3.5. This class is not only possessing of too many skills but it also takes simplicity, the backbone of C&C, and chucks it out of the window.

Unbalanced:

-adjective
1. not balanced or not properly balanced.
2. lacking steadiness and soundness of judgment

-noun
1. Nightstalker Ninja

11Nightstalker Ninja Empty CRacks knuckles... Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Talis of Stormfall

Talis of Stormfall

*clears throat*...
this class is a naruto ninja, I like naruto;
neji is better, and sasuke is emo
that is all...
carry on...

What do u have left to bargain with, when you have already bartered your soul?
-Simple, someone elses...
-Greed

12Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:17 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

I was harsh with my last comment.

The Dancer, Half Dragon, Ninja...Were with out a doubt too powerful and/or stupid.

Some other fall in this, but cant recall off hand. These class's tend to be 3.5v. I did not realize it until Grom made the mention.

13Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Legendary

Legendary

The Great Gromwold wrote: This ninja class is a sub-class of both thief, magic user, and priest yet it has far more than either class. Its a rogue with magic, a wizard with an abundance of skills, and a priest with skills and arcane spells.

How is it part priest?

It is supposed to be like a wizard and a rogue, but a weaker version of each. It has a lot of skills if you choose dex as a prime. It has spells if you choose Int as a prime. You get less skills and less spells than both classes together.

Maybe I should not put spell list in there, maybe I should put Jutsu's? Would that make it a little more barable?

14Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:05 pm

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

seemed too complicated for me. I wasnt going to say anything in this chat but i guess i will. I think its wayy too powered. i feel like this is a rogue that can cast spells. which if they did they would be el superbeasto. however id rather not have a wizard with backstab or assassinate. just my opinion

15Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:56 am

Legendary

Legendary

Lol...that's too easy to do, just make a character that is a rogue or assassin /wizard...then you could have assassinate and spells...

16Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Legendary

Legendary

As you can tell, I made changes to the class. Let me know what you think about them? Better or worse than before? If worse; why? What improvements can you suggest (example: Changing spell casting to Jutsus thing I did. The idea wasn't fully mine but it helped make the class more bareable.)

Last edited by Legendary on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

17Nightstalker Ninja Empty Re: Nightstalker Ninja Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:37 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Definitely a step in the right direction

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]