CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Name of the Wind

+2
The Serpent
The Reality Tailor
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:46 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

The Serpent wrote:Just got the book from Reality Traitor, Thanks Alan.  I'll start it this week.

lol! No problem

27Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:56 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Well I am 40 chapters into the book and still no one has commented. Did I read the forum wrong?

28Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

So when Tehlu was born did anyone see any similarity to anything else. We can start with the obvious.

29Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:08 am

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Toepoker wrote:So when Tehlu was born did anyone see any similarity to anything else.  We can start with the obvious.

Pretty damn obvious, but it helps flesh out the universe to have a legit religion in it. Even if it's basically just a plagiarized version of an existing story.

30Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:14 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

*Spoiler Alert*

I finally read chapter one this weekend... lol, I'm going to avoid this thread for a couple of days so that I can get some more under my belt.

31Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

So book one is done and I am 5 chapters into book two. Any comments?

32Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:49 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Translation. All explicit knowledge is translated knowledge, and all translation is imperfect. So all explicit knowledge is imperfect.

33Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:11 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Still reading but im loving it

34Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:37 am

Toepoker

Toepoker

chapter 104.

35Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:13 am

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Chapter 32

36Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:55 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Book one or book two?

37Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:27 am

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Book 1 sadly

38Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:57 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Book 1, Chapter 4 unfortunately

39Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:13 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

You all are so SAD. Book 2 done and what I thought was book 3 isn't. I am going to look up book 3 tonight. So anyone have any other book recommendations?

40Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:19 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Book three is not out yet it would appear. At least not on the B&N website.

41Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:21 am

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Lost interest in book 2. I figured out what happened to the Kvothe for the most part, and now I'm just...bleh. I'll get into it again though, especially now that I need a break from Monster Hunter.

42Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:24 pm

Malevolent Moose

Malevolent Moose

Toepoker wrote:You all are so SAD.  Book 2 done and what I thought was book 3 isn't.  I am going to look up book 3 tonight.  So anyone have any other book recommendations?

Best of Calvin and Hobbes

43Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:30 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Toepoker wrote:You all are so SAD.  Book 2 done and what I thought was book 3 isn't.  I am going to look up book 3 tonight.  So anyone have any other book recommendations?

To Reign in Hell
The Vlad Taltos series
Creatures of Light & Darkness
The Vampire Earth series

44Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Toepoker

Toepoker

Malevolent Moose wrote:Best of Calvin and Hobbes

I have them and have read them.

45Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:45 pm

Dark Shoo

Dark Shoo

Finally finished it. No spoilers for book two plz. I definitely enjoyed it.

46Name of the Wind - Page 2 Empty Re: Name of the Wind Tue May 31, 2016 4:31 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Finished this Friday, loved it. Need the second book. Great read. The structure of the book was fantastic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2