CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Priest the true healer

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Priest the true healer - Page 2 Empty Re: Priest the true healer Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

things gotten funny after i left lol. i had an idea people made it better, it was a fun process! Now on to the next one.

27Priest the true healer - Page 2 Empty Re: Priest the true healer Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:29 pm

The Reality Tailor

The Reality Tailor

Chaos' Plague wrote:Are you content with your creation?

Well to come back to this question, personally I'm happy with what I submitted. Pat obviously started the ball rolling and credit to Chad for what he put. I'm a little salty about the Prayer not stabilizing, but do I understand maybe it's too powerful. Maybe at higher levels that could change to 0 and stable (high level being like 10). Just a thought. Or it could stay the same. Whichever.

28Priest the true healer - Page 2 Empty Re: Priest the true healer Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:38 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Priest

Prime: Wisdom
Alignment:  Any
HD: D4
Bth: as Wizard
EPP: as Wizard
Spells/day: as Wizard*
Spell selection: as Cleric*
Weapons: make a weapons selection similar to 1st edition cleric(Restricted to blunt weapons).
Armor: none

FIELD MEDICINE (Wisdom): A priest may administer first aid on an injured person who has fallen below 0 Hp. on a successful Wisdom Check the target is restored to 0 Hp, and is stabilized.

LAY ON HANDS: At level 1 a Priest can cure 2 hit points per level once per day. This ability can be used on the priest or on others, the healing can be divided among multiple recipients. (This should be compared with Paladin's ability of the same name and made to match).

TURN UNDEAD (Wisdom): A Priest has the ability to turn, or even destroy, undead monsters. To turn undead, a cleric must declare the attempt as an attack and then make a successful wisdom attribute check. The character must display a holy symbol toward the undead and utter a prayer, chant or other invocation of the character’s deity. Turn undead is considered a special attack and takes one round. Turn undead has a maximum range of 60 feet.
Turning undead consists of channelling divine power. The ability to channel divine power is measured by the Priest’s own willpower. Accordingly, charisma, not wisdom, affects the number of undead creatures that are
turned with a successful turn undead check. In most cases, the number of undead turned will be 1d12 plus the cleric’s charisma modifier. When a cleric is five or more levels higher than the undead being turned, the
undead are instead destroyed.
Evil Priest may, instead of turning undead, control them. An evil cleric must be at least five levels higher than the hit dice of the undead sought to be controlled. Evil clerics can also turn paladins.  (This should be made to match the Cleric ability of the same name.)

SPELLS:  A priest should have it's own spell chart.  It should be comparable but not as good as a Clerics and I think that the class' spell list should be a modified version of the Clerics, devoid of many of the more offensive spells.  It should consist of healing and blessing spells exclusively.

DIVINE HEALING: At 12th level, a Priest can call upon his deity to aid those in need of healing. Divine healing enables the character to wipe away disease and injury. It completely cures all diseases, blindness, deafness, hit
point damage and all temporary ability damage. It neutralizes poisons in the subject’s system, so that no additional damage or effects are suffered. It dispels the effects of a feeblemind spell. It cures those mental disorders caused by spells or injury to the brain. Only a single application of the ability is needed to simultaneously achieve all these effects. The ability does not remove negative levels, restore permanently drained levels or restore permanently drained ability scores. The Priest can use the ability once per week. (Compare, adjust)

RELIGIOUS LORE(Wisdom): Due to extensive study, the priest has extensive knowledge of the following: gods and goddesses, mythic history, ecclesiastic tradition, holy symbols, undead, etc.

DECIPHER SCRIPT(Intelligence): As Bard or Rogue?

OCCULT KNOWLEDGE(Wisdom): Knowledge of the arcane and mystical arts, and their applications
in both historical and modern society.

29Priest the true healer - Page 2 Empty Re: Priest the true healer Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:54 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Always remember the main rule of C&C "Siege Engine".

30Priest the true healer - Page 2 Empty Re: Priest the true healer Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:56 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

Siege Engine is the backbone but the engine's purpose isn't to try and do impossible things it's to free you from feeling confined by restrictive rules. A Thief can climb so we siege to climb an slithering sand worm or a nearly sheer wall. Siege rocks and allows you to take abilities to the next level but their still needs to be a baseline.

31Priest the true healer - Page 2 Empty Re: Priest the true healer Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:37 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

No doubt, it just makes Feat's obsolete.

Use the brain not what the sheet of papers says you can do.

Video games destroyed that part of D&D.

32Priest the true healer - Page 2 Empty Re: Priest the true healer Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:48 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Leetin McBeatin wrote:No doubt, it just makes Feat's obsolete.

Use the brain not what the sheet of papers says you can do.

Video games destroyed that part of D&D.

So true, so true

33Priest the true healer - Page 2 Empty Re: Priest the true healer Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:19 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

As I read this convo it makes me feel we had this discussion one was or another in every thread. It just might be me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum