CnC World War II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CnC World War II

Legends and Tales. Songs of Glory and Monuments to Valor. Post it all here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Empty sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:22 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I've finally seen Star Trek and I am definitely eager to do some sort of futuristic interstellar drama. It'll be a bit of Star Wars with a pich of Star Trek... I'll call it Star Star, hmmmmm. Maybe Trek Wars... I'll think of something.

2sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Empty Re: sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Been dying to play a futuristic interstellar RPG. For quite a wile.

Oohh lets call it Star Wars Trek!(SWT). Or Star Trek Wars (STW).

This post will have Star Wars and Trekkie fans furious throughout the Net. These two universes should never be merged. Its like crossing the streams in GhostBusters.

Do some research and learn how brutal these two factions are to each other. Movies were made.

The future thing sounds great.

3sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Empty Re: sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:28 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

Its the whole Science vs. Faith thing. Water and Oil, man. Water and Oil.

4sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Empty Re: sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

ever saw it that way.

Star Wars (SW) - Faith

Startrek (ST)- Science

Science is a big part of SW.

I can see this theory (Oil, Water) if we compared ST to Dune. That whole universe was faith and did their best to forgo science.

5sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Empty Re: sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:58 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

The sudden revival of the storytelling page made me think of this failed endeavor. My desire to play or DM a future based game is still a live and strong. So, maybe after the crow fly away we can give another more distant future themed game take the reigns of our obsessive hobby?

Not necessarily this game.

6sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Empty Re: sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:16 pm

The Serpent

The Serpent

I'm always interested in a good roleplaying session, time and place man. Time and place.

7sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Empty Re: sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:38 am

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

My basement yesterday at 2:15.

Yea, we only have that place we all call kings in the county of kings. Must be special to see the king of kings huh?

We really need a spot again.

8sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Empty Re: sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:00 am

lancelot chamomile

lancelot chamomile

id like to play a star wars type game

9sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Empty Re: sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:19 pm

Drunk Flogger

Drunk Flogger

yea roleplaying kings games is fine for now i wish we could find a new location though.

10sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Empty Re: sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:39 am

deathmvp

deathmvp

I know that this is a dead thread but I I though I would add to it. I have played 3 diffrent startwas Rpg. For space I think the d6 version is the best ship to ship battles that you can get. For ground base action and rpg elemetns I think the Starwars d20 verions did a better job on it. With the last version of it making a very balnaced Jedi in a group that will not out right kill the other classes of equal level. If you want me to bring one of these books to show you at next weeks game let me know.

http://http:\\deathmvp.tripod.com

11sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Empty Re: sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:27 am

The Serpent

The Serpent

deathmvp wrote:I know that this is a dead thread but I I though I would add to it. I have played 3 diffrent startwas Rpg. For space I think the d6 version is the best ship to ship battles that you can get. For ground base action and rpg elemetns I think the Starwars d20 verions did a better job on it. With the last version of it making a very balnaced Jedi in a group that will not out right kill the other classes of equal level. If you want me to bring one of these books to show you at next weeks game let me know.

You hit right on one of my fears in playing a Star Wars game: The Jedi. Everyone loves them and most wants to be them but what happens to those that don't? Do they get overshadowed or outright forgotten? The universe of Star Wars is more than the awesome warrior clerics but do systems portray this fairly? I'd love to see some of those books but with so many players any side topics become horrible distractions. I'll try to clear space on my flashdrive so that you can give me a copy and I'll read it during the week.

12sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Empty Re: sTAR wARS/sTAR tREK Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:53 pm

Leetin McBeatin

Leetin McBeatin

Thought of a way to portray the warrior Cleric wile still staying into the rules that we all know.

All characters are either a mage, cleric, or druid. These are  the base spell archetypes. 

Now we further subdivide it to either a worrior, mage, theif, or Cleric, druid (You cant be a mage cleric or a cleric mage, or druid in same combo).

The magic will determine their allegiance the the light or dark or neutrality. The secondary class will determine their actual class.

To keep it simple we can use the BESM magic system (E.P.). If you are a pure magic class lets say you get double your starting EP if you are a warrior Half. Spell are chosen as standard D&D along with progression with leveling.

Example:

Base EP is prim attribute x2 (or however BESM does it)
- A Cleric, Cleric will have double the base E.P.
- A Cleric, Warrior will have half the base E.P.

All players will still be able to dabble in their spell usage and still progress in their chosen class.

Another thought would be use the above with a code of the Bushido

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]